Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Never Ending Projects of a Homeowner

First of all, HAPPY NEW YEAR!! 2008 was an amazing year for Silas and I. One of the most exciting things is that we bought our first house. After the longest search EVER, we found the perfect home (for us anyway). It was a foreclosure, but in really great condition, just needing some MAJOR updating! I had a ton of pictures from before and after we did minor improvements, like painting, but that camera is MIA....so I'm starting over with my new camera. We have a lot of major projects to do, so hopefully you will be reading and seeing the progress. It may take us several years to actually make it through the list of things we want to do, so hope I have some faithful followers :) The first project I'm posting is not really the first project done and is still sort of in the works, but Silas really wants me to post it and then I will backtrack to some early stuff...enjoy!

The Shed...(halfway completed)



This is the old, original shed that was already in our backyard when we bought the house.



The framework for the new shed...



The roof...



Pouring the concrete...



The slab...


The completed picture so far...
To get it to this point we have been working on it for about 4 months now. To complicate things all of our pool equipment needed to be moved and re-plumbed so that it could be located inside the shed...


The clean-up crew...



So, we still need some walls, a door, and maybe a window, but that all takes money :) Hope to be completing this project in the next month or so...

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Michael and I have a shed project coming up too. We want to knock down the old one that came with the house because it is apparently a good place for snakes to hide out. Then we want to clean out that area, cement, and put up the new one. Looks like you guys will be experts so we'll have to call on you. :)))