Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Wedding Portrait

Way before I was even thinking of getting married I had an idea that has stuck with me about what I wanted to do with a wedding photo of mine. I think I saw it in a magazine and just really like it and kept it in the back of my head. After we were married and I looked through the photographs that our photographer took I fell in love with this one he took of us walking up the boardwalk. I'm not sure why I liked it so much since it didn't have our faces, but it was just a neat picture and it had the back of my dress and my veil in it, not a posed portrait. I decided that this was the picture I wanted to use for my idea. So, for christmas Santa got me a 20x30 print made!! haha...I also kinda thought that it was more artistic and that we would use it for a long time. Then I found a calligrapher who would write the date of our wedding on the mat board (there is no way I would even attempt to do it myself). I found http://http//www.calligraphybycami.com, she was great, if anyone ever needs something done, she also has a lot of cool ideas on her website. And here is the finished product!!





This is going to hang over our bed whenever we remodel our bedroom. It will go great I hope since our colors will be blue and brown, this picture is black and white but is warm tones so the mat board I chose were tan and chocolate brown and a dark brown frame which goes with our bedroom furniture. Sorry the pictures aren't better but I could not get good lighting no matter what I did, maybe I will try again later and post a different picture.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I remember you talking about this not long ago. Hooray for finding someone who did such a beautiful job!! It was great seeing you today:)