Monday, August 10, 2009

It's a GIRL!!

We found out today we are having a little girl! I'm 19 weeks pregnant and we couldn't be more excited. It was a big surprise for both of us we both just knew it was a boy, but now that we know we couldn't be happier!! As soon as I got done with my apt. I sent out massive text messages and phone calls and my mom and I went shopping all afternoon! And there is SO much cute stuff for little girls....

My pregnancy so far has been great. No morning sickness just tired in the first trimester but pretty much uneventful. I'm so thankful for that. Now into the second trimester I am still enjoying my naps but I do have more energy. My belly is definately growing but I'm still comforatble, so at this point I can't complain!

I think I'm finally starting to look pregnant and not just chubby. I got my first congrats from a stranger who just assumed I was pregnant (this was very brave on their part but it did make me feel good that someone didnt think I was just fat!). I have gained 12 pounds so far and I think its all in my tummy and boobs, nothing else is gettin bigger so far. My belly popped out very soon after getting pregnant and my pants stopped fitting in the first trimester. I have been very nervous to post anything on the internet about being pregnant because in the back of my mind I still worry about if something happens. But I know that everyone who reads the blog knows I'm pregnant and maybe putting this out there and updating will get a few extra thoughts and prayers and that is worth it.




8 weeks

12 weeks



16 weeks


19 weeks ultrasound


this is how we know its a girl...




2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Congratulations! I was SHOCKED when I heard! But I am really thrilled for you, girls are so fun. I still can't believe it though, I totally thought you would have a boy:)

Leanne said...

Jayna I'm so excited for you and Silas!!! I told you a few days ago on the phone I think every Dudley male needs a daughter... :))) It's good for them. I'm so thrilled for you both and can't wait to meet her. I love the fact that there will be pink in the house now to help balance out the camouflage.