Tuesday, March 9, 2010

2 months


March 10, 2010, Elaina is two months old. Time does fly! She is becoming much more social. Right now she is a mama's girl, but Silas says it doesn't bother him because he knows he will win her over soon :) And I think he's right. She is such a smiler now. Every time she sees me she gets a big grin that just makes my heart melt every time. She is getting more and more talkative everyday. Lots of coo's. Her bedtime still remains about midnight. She won't stay asleep if we put her down before that time, so at night Elaina and I rock and she sleeps in my arms. Then at midnight I put her down and she is pretty consistent at sleeping 5 to 6 hours, which is great. Every now and then she does seven. She is not a morning baby, which I appreciate since I'm up until one almost every night. When she wakes up at 6 I usually feed her in bed with me and then we cuddle and sleep until 9 or later. I'm trying to make myself get up earlier to get things done, but it is too tempting to cuddle with my baby girl. She's making me lazy haha. She is really an easy baby and we are able to take her anywhere. She takes her longest naps while I run errands. We can take her out to eat and she will sit in her seat on the table and be pretty happy. At home though, I eat most of my meals with one hand. She takes a really long morning nap in her swing most days (if we don't sleep until 11) and after that she cat naps. I haven't figured her out schedule wise during the day. She has a pattern of eat, play, sleep, but the times aren't consistent from day to day, that's probably because our days don't start at the same time each day, but at least I know what she is going to do next, so that makes it easier to plan the day out. We go back to the doctor on March 17, but I'm pretty sure she weighs 12 pounds now! She is in size 0-3 months and three months clothing. She is growing and changing so fast, it is so fun to watch. Can't wait to see who she is! She is the best baby and we are sooo lucky to have her!












No comments: